Anxiety Workshop - Thursday 9th May
We have another great opportunity for you to attend an anxiety workshop being delivered by Dr Sharie Coombes – Child and Family Psychotherapist.
Please join us for a coffee before the workshop starts at 8.45am for a 9am start. The workshop will last an hour.
For parents across the primary range, the focus will be on:
- psycho-education about why we get anxious and worried and why it's just normal biology in an abnormal situation
- how anxiety and worry can manifest in physical symptoms (tummy ache/headache) and behaviour (anger/ withdrawal/ clingy/friendships etc.) - they are a communication about emotional experience
- hierarchy of emotions - why a good day at school can be reported differently
- regulation and self-regulation for parent and child
- practical strategies to try
- other sources of support
Please sign up for a place on the school website – we’d love to see you