What are the Junior Governors?
Glebe Junior Governors are a group of pupils, from Year 1 to Year 6, who were elected by their peers to represent the views of all our pupils and work together to improve our school.
How do I become a Junior Governor?
- Tell your class teacher: There may be lots of you that want to be one
- Speech: Present a short presentation to your class explaining why you would make a brilliant Junior Governor
- Class Vote: A secret vote occurs and 1 pupil per class will be selected for the role
Who are our Junior Governors this year?
1 Hughes: Lilly H
1 Blecha: Logan K
1 Sharratt: Jessica S
2 Parker-Rees: Ayoub B
2 Henn: Archie N
2 Duddle: Rachel D-T
3 Dempsey: Liyana M
3 Lenton: Isabella O
3 McIntyre: Rubi-M P-H
4 Riddell: Victor C
4 Anderson: Iris P
4 Moor: Sienna L
5 Biddulph: Rudy A-C
5 Litchfield: Kyla S-A
6 Ermos: George H
6 Catrillion: Anjeza P
What do the Junior Governors do?
- Meet and discuss issues with school leaders
- Action new ideas to help improve pupil experiences at Glebe
- Help improve playtime experiences
- Launch new whole school rewards
- Raise money for charity
- Bring their own ideas to help improve the school
Who makes a good Junior Governors?
- Someone who is a role model with our 3 values – Nurture, Inspire and Challenge
- Someone who is reliable
- Someone who is happy to listen and share other pupils’ ideas