What are the Junior Governors?
Glebe Junior Governors are a group of pupils, from Year 1 to Year 6, who were elected by their peers to represent the views of all our pupils and work together to improve our school.
How do I become a Junior Governor?
- Tell your class teacher: There may be lots of you that want to be one
- Speech: Present a short presentation to your class explaining why you would make a brilliant Junior Governor
- Class Vote: A secret vote occurs and 1 pupil per class will be selected for the role
Who are our Junior Governors this year?
1 Dunbar: Zoe P
1 Blecha: Theo M
1 Mini Grey: Bella M-K
2 Parker-Rees: Stanley K
2 Shireen: Finley S
2 Schwarz: Molly S
3 Cowell: Callie S
3 Lenton: Diego D
3 McIntyre: Triniti M
4 Riddell: Aaron G
4 Child: Lily T
5 Pichon: Grace M
5 Litchfield: Marcie J
6 Jeffers: Billy G
6 Briggs: Macie P
What do the Junior Governors do?
- Meet and discuss issues with school leaders
- Action new ideas to help improve pupil experiences at Glebe
- Help improve playtime experiences
- Launch new whole school rewards
- Raise money for charity
- Bring their own ideas to help improve the school
Who makes a good Junior Governors?
- Someone who is a role model with our 3 values – Nurture, Inspire and Challenge
- Someone who is reliable
- Someone who is happy to listen and share other pupils’ ideas